We are a group of expert clinicians that incorporate the DIR® Model to help young children with Autism Spectrum Disorders and other developmental disorders meet their fullest potential. Our intervention is focused on building the core challenges such as the ability to relate and communicate with others. This model, developed by Dr. Stanley Greenspan and Dr. Serena Wieder, helps individuals conduct a comprehensive assessment and develop an intervention program tailored to the unique challenges and strengths of each child.
The objectives of the DIR®/Floortime™ Model, developed by Dr. Stanley Greenspan and Dr. Serena Wieder, are to build healthy foundations for social, emotional, and intellectual capacities rather than focusing on skills and isolated behaviors.
Objectives of the DIR®/Floortime™ Model
- build a healthy foundation for social interaction
- build a healthy foundation for emotional development
- Strengthen intellectual capacities
- Provide a framework for development tailored around unique changes and strengths
Core Challenges for children with autism:
- social and communication difficulties
- self stimulatory or repetitive behaviors
- narrow or overly-focused interest
- DIR®/Floortime™ Developmental Communication assessment
- DIR®/Floortime™ Individual Therapy
- DIR®/Floortime™ Parent Training
- DIR®/Floortime™ Staff Training
- DIR®/Floortime™ Consultative Services
Our therapists are trained in this model. Some team members have been trained directly by Dr. Serena Wieder and have become certified through the Interdisciplinary Council on Development and Learning (ICDL) and Profectum.
To learn more or sign up for monthly newsletter or news, click here. Early Intervention is Key!